Πέμπτη 20 Μαΐου 2021

Empties : Skincare {May 2020 - March 2021}

My title is a mess but I hope you get the point.

So, what I'm about to do is basically review the skincare products that I'd been using up until March 2021. I'm talking about the absolute necessary and nothing more. I purchased these products nearly a year ago and had been using them every day, until I ran out.

It's down to the basics. Cleanser. Moisturizer. Sunscreen. Okay, and a little something-something extra.

CLEANSER
La Roche-Posay - Effaclar Gel Moussant Purifiant
400 ml
This was my cleanser for both day and night. When I double-cleansed because of wearing makeup, this was my second-step cleanser, as it isn't oil based. It's in clear gel form. You just put it on your palm, mix it with some water and work it in your hands for a few seconds before putting it on your face. It left my skin feeling clean, but not that squeaky-clean-and-kinda-pulling-my-face feeling. Overall it was a great gentle cleanser for me and my oily, acne prone skin. Did it do any wonders? No, but it was certainly nice.


TREATMENT
La Roche-Posay - Effaclar Duo (+)
40 ml
This was actually what I was searching for and then I got around to adding anything else to my cart. Basically, I was looking for a miracle and after hours of browsing, I thought that I found it. This is supposed to help fade scars and discolouration, which I very much needed. On La Roche-Posay's site it was recommended that I use this little cream along with the gel cleanser, so I was sold on that duo.
I've read multiple reviews describing this as a little miracle, but I unfortunately didn't get to experience it. It was back before my acne treatment, when I was at my worst, so I don't really think anything could have saved me at this point. I had so much going on my face, that I wasn't expecting it just to be gone in an instant. So, no, I'm not mad at this product. Quite the opposite, actually.
Since I put this all over my face, that was so distressed, I couldn't actually tell if there was any improvement or not. I remember having a new pimple scar on my forehead and I thought "This is it". I decided to keep track of only what it would do to that particular part of my face. And I did witness it fading out gradually in the next few days, so I guess it did exactly what it claimed. I would be interested to give it another chance, perhaps when my skin won't be so inflamed. (As you can see I desperately want it to work for me, still)


MOISTURIZER
CeraVe - Moisturizing Cream
177 ml
After all the fuss about CeraVe, I decided to kick off with this. Even though it's meant for dry to very dry skin, I purchased it under the influence of Hyram (if you don't know him and you're into skincare, you should check him out). I used it after I cleansed in the morning, perhaps 1-2 during the day when I felt extremely dry in some areas and at night. Sometimes, I used something else to moisturize during the night, which I felt was stronger (Bio Oil Gel, but we'll talk about it another time). I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. I felt a change from the very first times I used it. It is a pretty viscous cream, it feels rich and hydrating for the skin. You can definitely feel it doing something to it and it's also a plus that it gets absorbed pretty quickly as well. Would definitely buy again.


SUN SCREEN
FrezyDerm - Sun Screen Velvet Face SPF50+
50 ml
Paraben Free 
If this was sold as a primer, I'd thoroughly believe that claim. This is an amazing sunscreen, one you can barely feel on your skin. It's a clear, gel-like formula, which makes your skin feel texture-less,  resembling a light, matte veil on the skin, as it gets absorbed immediately, indeed feeling like velvet. I should mention that it is also available with colour in it, but I chose the clear one. I strongly believe it's a great primer underneath makeup, as you can barely feel any skin texture, adding to the fact that your skin is very much protected. It neither gets oily, runny not does it leave a whitecast on. Would recommend for all skin types and ages.


P.S. I have to point out that these products lasted me about 10 monts, apart from the Effaclar Duo (+). Unfortunately, I didn't keep track of when I ran out. In addition to that, I wasn't only using this particular sunscreen, so that's why it lasted so much. 

xox,
Eva

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου